Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday October 27th 2012

Last night I didn't go out for Halloween. Most kids seem to love halloween because they can dress up and party. Drinking and Diabetes do not go together at all. Alcohol has a tendency to drop the blood sugar since the liver is focused on metabolizing the alcohol. If I were to drink and then sleep, I could potentially go extremely low while sleeping and die. This is not a risk I am willing to take. I'm paranoid enough as it going to sleep sober. Oh and I am 18 so drinking is illegal :). So parties this year have consisted of me being the DD or "sober patrol" for my friends. Gotta keep an eye out for them! Mostly I seem to be the memory of the group the next morning, since the others were blacked out. I am okay with this role because it gives me a sense of responsibility among my peers.

On a good note, I woke up with this wonderful BG reading :)

Now the real question is can I keep it there all day and beyond, seeing as the first Butler basketball game is tonight and there is a Paranormal Activity marathon going on tonight in my dorm. Parents weekend is next weekend and I cannot wait to see my parents. I know I may have been very eager to leave for college but I do miss my hometown and my parents a lot more than I thought I would.

More to come later. Go Bulldogs!

1 comment: