Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday October 28th, 2012

Good Morning Everyone,

Last night was Halloween for those not in the know, and campus was insane.
Among the "festivities" was Sigma Nu's Voodoo party and everyone's costumes were hilarious. What other holiday lets you dress up in embarrassing outfits and not get stared at? After Voodoo things started getting out of hand. Many kids in my dorm were going a little too hard and I am sure they are feeling it this morning. My roommate and I both have copious amounts of candy in our room (thanks mommy and daddy!) and I may have given myself a little (or a lot) of extra insulin to enjoy some treats. It's been roughly 4 months since I had a piece of candy and it was incredible. Funny how something as insignificant as a Starburst could be a highlight of your night...really puts this disease into perspective.

I may regret it now, but we had a Paranormal Activity marathon last night in our room, and it was scary. If you haven't seen those movies, go check them out! It's almost like Inception and The Exorcist had a child and named it Paranormal Activity.
 +=


Now back to the focus of this blog, besides having some candy and sweet, sugary, my blood sugars were in check all day. I'm sure the 2 hour workout I had early evening helped with that. Lifting seems to bring my numbers up (high stress, high intensity) while cardio brings it down. Cardio brings it down very fast too. Overall this weekend has been successful so far, and numbers continue to get better each week. I have some homework to get to so I will update that later!

More to come and Go Bulldogs!



No comments:

Post a Comment